Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Internet Safety/week 14

I chose the article "Things as they really are" by Elder Bednar. The video resources explained many of the dangers that exist on the internet. I realized before that it is dangerous, but now I understand even more just how careful people, including myself, should be. My biggest takeaway was that I am grateful for the inspiration that the leaders of the church have about important issues that members face. Knowing both the actual dangers of the internet combined with the counsel of church authorities really strengthens my resolve to be cautious and make smart decisions with the internet.
I talked to my friend about internet safety. She already knew many of the dangers that were out there, but she felt like it is something that is always good to be reminded of because we are constantly being bombarded with trash on the internet. Nothing I said surprised her too much because she was pretty savvy and careful with the internet. Both of us felt that we should be even more careful than we are, even doing little things like not accepting facebook requests from strangers can help us be safer. We also decided that internet safety is something that should probably be discussed more because internet is a huge part of our lives and can be so detrimental if someone isn’t careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment